Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which projects need new releases, and what changes
> should go in before?
>
> I'm aware off:
> * libp11 needs a new release because the new function
>   wasn't added to the export file.

Yes, as the openssl engine will can not load because of the
missing entry.

> * opensc has a number of changes, so a new release would
>   be good.
> * openct has updates for a new rutoken driver
>
> Patches not yet applied:
> * martins patch to remove sc_error and related code.
>   I'm all for it, had an even larger rewrite in the
>   past.

I must have missed somrthing, what is this patch?
Does it change every line with sc_error?

What is its replacement?

Does it convert sc_error to sc_debug?

> * douglas changes to the piv code.

I hope to have Christopher Boarman test this in the next
few days, and if it works for him it could be in the next release.

> I'm not sure if it would be better to have a new release
> now and another release with those changes, or wait for
> these changes. what do you think?

You could do the libp11 now.

> are there other changes/patches/projects that I forgot
> and that need to be applied / need new releases too?

I have one minor one, to  pkcs15-gemsafeV1.c to have it test
it is on using the correct card. Keeps the driver from issuing
APDU to wrong cards during detection.

See my next message.

> Regards, Andreas

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>