On 23.09.2009, at 21:17, João Poupino wrote:
> I'm trying to use the SPR532 (fw version 5.10) reader with OpenSC.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be correctly detected as being
> "pin pad capable". If I manually place the flag SC_SLOT_CAP_PIN_PAD in
> some card driver (i.e.: card->slot->capabilities |=
> SC_SLOT_CAP_PIN_PAD), then OpenSC asks the PINs through the reader.
Is it enabled in opensc.conf? What is the output of pkcs11-tool -L (it
should list it as pinpad capable).

> I've tried this with both opensc 0.11.9 and opensc from trunk
> (revision 3743)

What version of the CCID library do you use? Do you get a successful
PIN entry if you modify the code?

You can try the branches/martin/0.12 source, it adds a new field  to
opensc-tool -l to display pinpad capabilities of the reader.

--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee