>Hi.

(...)

>For me, the most visible result of this patch is running Firefox with
>>opensc-pkcs11.so installed in debug mode - polling for slots is replaced
>>with a readable log output thanks to C_WaitForSlotEvent and plugging >readers
>and cards back and forth actually works. This has been a major >usability
>problem for laptop users this far.

Great. I'm on interest.

>It also messes with the API as I did not have the intention of "making it >a
>clean patch" but rather "clean things up". The hotplugging feature only >works
>with PC/SC and only if all connected readers are PC/SC. That's OK for >99.9%
>users on Windows and Mac. And the reason why I suggested to maybe >have
>different packages on Linux - libopensc-pcsc, libopensc-openct and
>>libopensc-ctapi is that it is not realistic to have the hotpluggin feature
>>work with different subsystems.
>
>Any thoughts on this?

I don't known at all openct and ctapi, but if the solution is to separate in
three module like you say why not. Now the trouble is to maintain this three
modules, like ctapi seems don't have maintainer what about openct. Perhaps it's
time to drop some useless module and keep only two or better one module, the
use is no so huge to spend a lot of time for very small use case.

So I suggest to keep only pcsc that is present linux, windows and mac, but
it's my point of view.

François.