Am Mittwoch 28 April 2010 17:31:27 schrieb Jim Rees:
> The Rainbow ikey seems to have been discontinued in 2007.
I thought it was never realy sold - only a few examples
made it to the distributors?

> CyProtect
> recommends AET IDp 1000 Token, which is JCOP41, as a replacement.  Will
>  this work with OpenSC?  Can someone update the wiki?

well, I guess it works as good or bad as every jcop card -
you need to load some applet (e.g. muscle applet) and that
applet can work with opensc. see cyberflex cards - they are all jcop,
so it is all the same to opensc.

but muscle applet and driver are quite restricted compared to
the full drivers in opensc (e.g. cardos, cryptoflex).
not sure what the details are, but installation is much harder
as you need a gp tool first, and you can't run all commands -
and of course not the full test suite. also only one pin
and only some profiles are supported etc. :(

Regards, Andreas