Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 12:36 +0200, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
>
>> I will test it with openssl 0.9.8 next week
>>

> I think the alternative would be to generate the keys/certificates
> outside the smartcard and transfer them to smartcard.
>
> Everything is explained here:
> http://www.gooze.eu/howto/smartcard-quickstarter-guide/generating-transferring-and-extracting-x-509-certificates

These are two separate test:
I can generate onboard keys if i use pcsc-lite-1.5.6-svn-* .

The second test is:
A valid private key + certificate are transferred to the smartcard
(using pkcs15-init -X/-S); I cannot sign a certificate request using the
key on the smartcard no matter which version of pcsc-lite I try.  I will
try this in combination with openssl 0.9.8 this week.

cheers,

JJK