Le 24 juin 2010 15:36, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpo...@gooze.eu> a écrit :
> Dear Friends,
>
> I am writing some doc for Gooze and I would like to have your help.
>
> So if Jean-Pierre, Simon, Martin or others can answer, this would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> The testing machine is a Mac OS X 10.5 PPC. I am aware that the
> installer lacks OpenSSL 0.9.8 and therefore there are limited features,
> with no engine PKCS11 support.
>
> I installed the beta installer from:
> http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/MacInstaller
>
> Here are my comments and questions:
>
> 1) After erasing and initializing a Feitian PKI card, I run Keychain.
> I can see the smartcard, but not unlock it using PIN code. My PIN code
> was "0000" as usual. I cannot unlock the card.
>
> Is this normal?

I remember something like that. But I can't find it on the bug list at [1].
It looks like the problem is solved in 10.6.

> 2) It seems that Tokend is limited to 1024bit key. I could generate a
> 1024bit key on card, not a 2048bit key. OpenSC segfaults:
>
> pkcs15-init --generate-key rsa/2048 --auth-id 01 --pin 0000
> Using reader with a card: OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00
> Failed to generate key: Transmit failed

It does not look like a segfault here.
Note that 2048 bits is just 256 bytes. And this is the limit of a short APDU.

> 3) Restart
> Is there a way to restart OpenSC and/or Tokend when it segfaults,
> without restarting Mac OS X. I have little knowledge in Mac OS X, so I
> was obliged to reboot.

Just remove and insert your smart card again.

> 4) More generally what are the limitations of Keychain Acccess to manage
> smartcards using Tokend+OpenSC. I would like to write a tutorial. Are
> there some docs available at Apple or on the NET.

Good luck to find docs :-)

Bye

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/sca/wiki/LeopardBugs

--