Il giorno mer, 08/09/2010 alle 19.23 +0300, Martin Paljak ha scritto:
> Hello,
> On Sep 8, 2010, at 3:15 PM, jons...@terra.es wrote:
> > We have tried to compile, install and get running OpenSC 0.12 with Spanish
> > DNIe code.

> > channel. Too many changes
> > in debug code, sc_xxx structs, API changes... and not sure about
> > correctness of some patches I've done
> Nothing except r4008 [1] is important to the DNIe, and it is a rather
> cosmetical change, the der->content move.
> The rest of sc_debug related code changes are many, but straightforward (and
> annoying). The code seems OK to me, but ....
>
> > You can see the discussion (and Martin's suggestions) at Kriptopolis site:
> > http://www.kriptopolis.org/opensc-dnie-linux

I'm reading that page (hoping that my understanding of Spanish is
adequate), and i see

" ..Y que el DNI Italiano -que es clavado al español- con su "secure
channel", sus claves privadas y tal y tal ya está integrado plenamente
en OpenSC..."

If DNI Italiano == CIE (Electronic Identity Card) , and if "clavado"
means "strictly coupled", I'm sorry but this is not true.

CIE does not use "Secure Channel" implementation by means of secure
messaging, at least not for normal use of the card (which carries only
Authentication Certificates and not Non-Repudiation, so it is not used
to create legally binding Electronic Signatures).
The version in trunk is covering only that use of the card (https client
auth for instance), and in fact Emanuele took away SM implementation
that Viktor Tarasov is implementing in a general way.

I'm very curious about SM in DNIe , is it used in normal operations by
the card holder (passing PIN, PKCS1 encryption) ?
In that case, SM uses symmetric cryptograpy? And how SM static key
distribution problem was solved?

In Italy SM is used in this way in CNS cards, (which are interoperable
with CIE for Authentication purposes), only for digital signature
operations. Some Italian Certification Authority claims that SM is
mandatory for obtaining EAL4+ assurance Level.

What are your thoughts about that?

To my knowledge, in Italy, SM keys are embedded in pkcs11 cryptokis,
and I know already the opinion of Viktor on that:

"As for me, there is no sense in SM keys embedded in the middleware."[1]

I definitely agree, but it would be nice to hear that some other
reasonable way of doing SM for card holder operations is in place.

bye,
Roberto Resoli

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/opensc-devel@lists.opensc-project.org/msg06269.html