Hello,
 Another issue I had with opensc is when trying to use it with secret
keys (symmetric ones)[0]. My feitian card says it supports 3DES and DES
thus I assumed it should support storing symmetric keys as well. I tried
to do:

I used C_CreateObject with template:
CKA_CLASS -> CKO_SECRET_KEY
CKA_VALUE -> an 8 byte or 24 byte raw key
CKA_TOKEN -> TRUE
CKA_PRIVATE -> TRUE
CKA_LABEL -> test
CKA_SENSITIVE -> TRUE

(I could provide source if someone is interested)

Either being in a session where pin has been provided or not. Both
attempts fail with generic error. So my question is, whether symmetric
keys are supported with opensc? Is it a limitation of opensc or the
card? (I also noticed that C_DigestKey is only a dummy)

regards,
Nikos

[0]. My goal is to implement TLS with preshared keys using a smart-card.