Hi,

On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:10 PM, Andre Zepezauer wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 17:42 +0200, Martin Paljak wrote:
>> Hello,
>> On Dec 20, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Brian Thomas wrote:
>>> I’m just wondering if anybody has a good estimation as to when OpenSC 12.0
>>> will be released as final?
>>
>> There were some additional fixes to building without OpenSSL and with Visual
>> Studio [1]. Other than that, it seems to be ready. Unless there will be
>> other comments, it should be announced latest tomorrow evening.
>
> what's about the active tickets [2]. Should we try to reduce them to a
> minimum before the final release is announced? IMO not much would be
> left, if we would handle them as follows:
That would be nice, but if there's no feedback and it can't be independently
verified by somebody, it can just be left there for the defined grace period
and closed once it either times out or is claimed to be verified by somebody.

#216 should probably get some feedback from Linux packagers to be finally
settled, but that's something that will be visible once 0.12.0 is out.
Apparently nobody volunteered to provide sample Debian packages...  A
suggestion "Do your packages with pcsc-lite support by default" would probably
do good. But the issue is resolved by now, yes. For the rest the previous
comment should be sficient?

> 2. moving all the enhancements/supports forward to 0.12.1, because it's
> unlikely that they get fixed in 0.12.0
Support tickets should be discarded. As said, "support" category is only meant
for administrative categorization purposes..

> 3. finding a solutions for all the remaining tickets. That could be:
>       * fixing them now or
>       * fixing them in 0.12.1
Best effort basis for 0.12.X onwards. Should push out the 0.12 before Christmas.

Cheers.

--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495