On 04.01.2011 10:58, Juan Antonio Martinez wrote:
> El lun, 03-01-2011 a las 13:01 +0100, Viktor TARASOV escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I propose to introduce the following short form to insert debug messages of
>> the 'normal' level.
>> Any objections?
> Fine, but thinks that we need a way to get finer debug tuning:
>
> Not sure... perhaps it's time for introduction of a syslog(2) style
> debug levels (ALERT,CRIT,ERR,WARN,NOTICE,INFO,DEBUG,TRACE and so);
> or better, think in a way to set specific debug levels per item
> ( as log4c/log4j does )
>
> Current code makes no use of SC_LOG_DEBUG_RFU1/2, and enable ASN1 or
> MATCH debugging means enable debugging on every items.
>
> What about an specific debug/logging configuration section in
> opensc.conf?. something like:
>
> logging {
>     #default debug level
>     level = ERR;
>     logfile = stdout;
>     # internal sections
>     # match = INFO;
>     asn1 = DEBUG;
>
>     # Drivers
>     card_driver dnie { level = TRACE; }
>     reader_driver pcsc { level = CRIT; }
> }

Probably your proposal is better, but a little bit too far from my actual
intentions.
There has been more then one wide discussion about log system in OpenSC ,
and I would not like to start the new one.

My humble intention is to have the possibility to reduce the 'header' of the
every debug message call in the source code,
that actually, for my personal taste, is too large.

> Juan Antonio
> (Still working in DNIe LGPL code. Next to start debugging... )
>
> PS: Happy new year :-)

All the best in the new year,
Viktor.

--