A very nice report. I agree with your findings about diversity of
authorization models :-)

for smart cards or usb tokens there of course don't exist any "enforced"
security models or backup models etc. One could discuss how it would be
possible to implement such models (using routines etc) in a satisfactory
way.

Cheers,
Tomas