On 2/8/2011 2:40 PM, Andre Zepezauer wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 11:04 -0600, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

>>> Why not use http://www.mysmartlogon.com/products/eidauthenticate.html
>>>

>> OK, it could be tested with this too. The point I was trying to make
>> is that login will stress a minidriver and OpenSC more then certutil
>> or IE. The mini-driver needs to be tested with login.
>
> Thanks for the hint, but I haven't a MS Windows installation at home. On
> the other hand, at my university there should be AD deployments. Will
> ask for it. But I need help with system setup and tool chain.

As Jean-Michel points out you do not need AD to test the login
if you use the eidauthenticate to login to a local machine. It will
still call the mini-driver.

I am using our AD that does support smart card login, and even
tested smartcard login from XP at home via VPN and RDC.

To build the mini-driver you can build on Windows or use the mingw
cross compile which is what I am doing for testing. You will need to
copy a few header files from the Microsoft CNG packages. The "build"
in the OpenSC SVN has the scripts to build the OpenSC packages
including OpenSSL and produce an installable package. I made some
changes so it would use the OPenSC code in a SVN directory, rather
then from the OpenSC-0.12.0.tar.gz file.

For testing I am copying all the dlls to system32. This may or
may not be needed, but that is some of the additional tests that
need to be verified.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory