Brian Thomas wrote:
> I need to prove to our customer that OpenSC performs some sort of
> sanity checking before loading a certificate on to a smart card.

Sanity checking of what?

If the requirement is not qualified any further then that is one
stupid requirement.

> PKCS15-init does some kind of checking because when I attempt to
> load a certificate on the card after modifying it with a text
> editor, it fails and throws an error.

That would be because the encoding has been broken. If it's the
text-readable format that is called PEM encoding.

If you modify the certificate with a tool that actually understands
the encoding used then of course you can change the contents.

So again, what checking do you need?

//Peter