On Apr 4, 2011, at 11:39 , Peter Stuge wrote:

> Martin Paljak wrote:
>>> * File versioning. Current .rc uses the libtool related version in the file
>>> versioning which is not optimal. It has to my knowledge no relation to the
>>> libtool interface versioning. Versions from OpenSC version and SVN revision
>>> could be used instead. 0.12.1.5247 for r5427 in the 0.12.1 build cycle
>> Still needs work. I hope this will not interfere with mingw build.
>
> See http://git.libusb.org/?p=libusb-stuge.git;a=blob;f=configure.ac
> for some hints and links about libtool versioning.

libtool versioning in this context would only make sense if libopensc was
advertised as a libtool library to outside world with different versions. Which
is not the case.

The way I understand it, opensc-pkcs11.dll (and other DLL-s) resources should
contain the version of the overall OpenSC package for visual inspection, not
what libtool thinks is the "interface level".

Martin