Dear Ludovic,

> Try a new version of libusb. The current "stable" version is bogus in
> many ways.
> You can get a snapshot at
> http://ludovic.rousseau.free.fr/softwares/pcsc-lite/$

Tried, but without success. No real impact.

> > This is a (known) limitation of my CCID driver. Very few readers are
> > affected by this limitation.

I tried a very simple test to validate this speed issue:

in ifdhandler.c, I modified line 1902:

from :
        return FALSE;
        return TRUE;

This tells libccid that the reader supports the card speed.
This allows me to read the card at 128.000 bps instead of 10.753 bps

The result was immediate:

The same dump dropped from 15 seconds to 2 seconds.I ran the tests 10
times. Same speed as under Windows.

Furthermore, there does not seem to have timeouts any longer.

Really, I would appreciate a patch from a known hacker.
This issue is so obvious that it shall be considered a bug.

IMHO, it seems that this issue could impact the list of non-supported
readers (not listed because of timeouts). It has commercial impact and
it would be "fair" to multiply by 5 or 6 the speed of dumps for (10)
thousands of libccid users. When I think about the users ... it makes me
shiver.

Kind regards,