On 5/16/2011 11:21 AM, BLANC Gilles wrote:
> On monday may 16th 2011 13:49:13, Martin Paljak wrote:
>> Hello,
>
> Hello,
>
>> On May 16, 2011, at 14:16 , BLANC Gilles wrote:
>>> I'm trying to compile minidriver DLL in order to have opensc-pkcs11
>>> integrated with OpenSC. Sadly I just... don't understand how to do so !

The minidriver actually bypasses the PKCS#11 interface, and calls the
libopensc entry points directly. The OpenSC package will include
both an opensc-minidriver.dll and opensc-pkcs11.dll

>> why does the nightly build [1] not work for you?
>>
>> For optimal results, set up your Windows build machine as described in the
>>   wiki [2] Best,
>>
>> Martin
>> [1] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/NightlyBuilds
>> [2] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/WindowsInstaller
>
> Well, the nightly build installs itself and everything, but I need my
> modifications of the OpenSC code, so I have to compile the whole
> opensc+minidriver by myself...

Is this just to test, or are you going to try and make a distribution?
For a production distribution, I would point people to the OpenSC site
to get the current version built off the nightly builds.

If you are only testing, you can do some of the work on a unix system,
or use the mingw on windows. i.e. ./bootstrap && ./configure --disable-doc

You may then need to edit win32/Make.rules.mak that has some paths
to zlib, openssl, and the CNG.

Then if you have Visual Studio and the SDKs, you can do the nmake
on Windows. The Wiki says the SDKs come with a compiler
I had not seen that as I had VS 2009 already installed.

(I am using a shared file system between Windows and Unix (AFS) so
I do the Unix commands on Unix, and the Windows commands on Windows.)

If all you need is the opensc-minidriver.dll, you can copy it
and add the registry settings by hand. And don't need to build
the install packages.

> Do I have to build under windows in order to have minidriver compiled ? This
> sounds strange, as there is a Makefile in its directory.

Over the years there has been differing options on using the Microsoft
compilers vs mingw, and thus both Makefile and Makefile.mak are present.
Right now the Microsoft approach is in favor.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory