2011/6/22 Douglas E. Engert <deeng...@anl.gov>:
> On 6/22/2011 3:22 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> After migration to GIT, I have difficulties understanding what is OpenSC
>> master branch. The nightly build shows several GIT developer trunks:
>> http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/NightlyBuilds
>>
>> What is OpenSC official master branch? Is there any?
>
> I too am having problems following this.
>
> I see that Martin has:
>  https://github.com/martinpaljak/OpenSC
>
> Github  says it has 4 branches: github-transition, master, pkcs11
> and master so yesterday I used:
>  git clone git://github.com/martinpaljak/OpenSC.git
>
> git branch
> only shows master and the last commit was June 13.

$ git branch
* master

$ git branch -a
* master
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/github-transition
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/pkcs11
  remotes/origin/proposed

Only the master branch is available locally by default.

Have a look at "How do I clone all remote branches with Git?" [1]
A lot of information is available online about git. And I use them a lot :-)

Also "many" GUI git applications are available. I like gitg [2] on
GNU/Linux and gitx [3] on Mac OS X.

> But Martin said in a note yesterday to look at:
> https://github.com/martinpaljak/OpenSC/commit/5a2306967175ea96eaf9d058224fb9c394791f74
>
> which is from June 14, so How does one clone what is at Github?

It is from the pkcs11 branch.
I also had problems to find it.

Bye

[1]