On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:12 PM, weizhong qiang <weizhongqi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM, weizhong qiang <weizhongqi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> As I mentioned that I need to use EEC credential to generate a proxy
>>> credential (process is the same as you use CA credential to generate a EEC
>>> credential).
>>> The the generation step, I need to use X509_sign (int X509_sign(X509 *x,
>>> EVP_PKEY *pkey, const EVP_MD *md))  which needs private key for signing a
>>> X509 certificate.
>>> That is the reason I need to take private key out.
>>> Could you tell me how to use pkcs11-helper lib to sign a certificate without
>>> taking the private key out? to use pkcs11h_certificate_sign?
>>> Thanks
>>> Weizhong Qiang
>>>

>> No, you should use X509_sign().
>> Why not use EVP_PKEY_assign_RSA(pk,rsa) and use pk?
>
> This pk here assigned seems to be public key.
>
>> Not sure but maybe X509_set_pubkey(x509,pk) will be needed.
>
> I need the private key to sign a X509 certificate, not the public key.

X509 object represents the Certificate within you can find the public key.,
RSA object represents the private key, you can convert it to EVP_PKEY
using the above code.
This is not OpenSSL list, I guess you need to switch lists.

Your question is: Provided I have X509 and RSA objects, how can I use
X509_sign().
Maybe you find this[1] helpful.

Alon.
[1] http://src.gnu-darwin.org/src/crypto/openssl/demos/selfsign.c.html