Hello,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:51, Johannes Becker
<johannes.bec...@hrz.uni-giessen.de> wrote:
>  using Firefox on Mac OS X with CardOS cards I get a connection error.
> Ludovic Rousseau kindly showed me how to track it down to the sign
> function of opensc 0.12.2:

I believe this has already been on the list but I don't have the
reference at hand.

Outgoing APDU data [  266 bytes] =====================================
0x7fff70f32cc0 11:19:18.788 [pkcs15-crypt]
reader-pcsc.c:202:pcsc_internal_transmit:  0x0037 00
00:SCardTransmit/Control failed: 0x80100016

You are trying to use extended APDU support (266 bytes) with a reader
that does not support it (see the link below).
You can try setting max_send_size in opensc.conf to a value that suits
you (uncommentig it should work), get a reader that supports extended
APDU or help to fix OpenSC so that it would work intelligently in such
situations.

http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid_extended_apdu.html

> There is no problem on Linux and Windows.

Do you use the CCID driver on Linux as well? It should behave the same
way. Proprietary Windows driver might do some tricks to implement the
extended APDU support.

> There is no problem on Mac OS X with TCOS cards.

They have a different driver and probably don't use extended APDU-s,
so this can't be compared directly.

Martin