Looking at https://www.opensc-project.org/codereview/#/c/150/ , which is
a patch which is overwritten by a later patch in gerrit, I started to
wonder again about quality standards. And this:
http://lwn.net/Articles/328438/
And there should be others. This is what I have gathered so far:
- whitespace problems marked red in gerrit are bad
- unchecked null pointers are bad
- with a warning cleanup patch state the warnings which had been cleaned up
- comment. the comment and the code should be in sync
- provide a (description of purpose? man page?) with a command-line program
and there is that fighter airplane book, but maybe it is too long
and I am a big fan of unit tests if someone else have to do them ;)
the same about programming contracts ;)
I'm in no position to draw the rules, so I am not creating a wiki page
out of this, but I suggest that someone do.
It would help the work of code reviewers.