Hello,

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Peter Marschall <pe...@adpm.de> wrote:
> I am trying to extend openpgp-tool to load data to the various writable DOs,
> and - if possible - I want it to determine automatically the permissions of
> the (emulated) files using standard interfaces, i.e. security attributes or
> preferably ACLs. As the file system on openPGP cards only is emulated using
> opensc, I need to emulate these data structures too.
I don't quite get it.  IMHO ACLs would matter, if you would have
actual files, and the ACL-s would actually be communicated to/from the
card by some means.

I don't really understand how you would use ACL-s with the "gender"
field, for example.

From OpenPGP spec v201:

5  Security Architecture
All commands and data of a smart card are under control of the
security of the card oper­
ating system. ISO defines mechanisms, attributes (e.g. in FCP) and
environments for
security purposes. Because this features are quite complex and may
differ from card to
card (depending on mask developer), the OpenPGP application does not
evaluate security
related items of a card. So this chapter is informative for the card
developer and defines
the access conditions for all commands and data objects of the
application in a common
way. The described security features are mandatory for the card, but
the coding or the way
of implementation is up to the card developer, manufacturer or personaliser.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Martin