On 8/15/2012 2:24 PM, i...@mightymarvels.de wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
> I do not want to bother you but the opensc-users list seems completely
> inactive. Is there an alternative list or maybe my topic fits here as well?
> See
> below...
>
> Thanks, smartmic
>

> ----- Forwarded message from i...@mightymarvels.de -----
>
> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:45:50 +0200
> From: i...@mightymarvels.de
> To: opensc-u...@lists.opensc-project.org
> Subject: cardos driver problem: PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card
>
> Dear OpenSC users,
>
> I have a problem reading from a smart card. I have a cardos card, if I want to
> run a command of the opensc-tool, it only works if I force the card drive,
> e.g.
> this works:
> $ opensc-tool -c cardos --name
> typing..
> $ opensc-tool --name
> will give the error:
> $ Unsupported card

This probable means it in not a cardos card as you suspect. The OpenSC code
look at the ATR of the card, and tries to determine the driver to use.

Running  opensc-tool -a  should show the ATR

running any of the OpenSC tools with one or more -v options will show
more debugging including what driver if any got selected.

Also look at the opensc.conf for the debug and debug_file options.

> Now I am interested in having the private key and certificates of the card on
> my system (Mac OS X 10.6).
> Running
> $ pkcs15-tool --list-certificates
> gives the error:
> $ PKCS#15 binding failed: Unsupported card
>
> Seems like the same problem above, but there is no "force driver" flag for
> pkcs15-tool, is it? How do I solve this? Anyone ideas?
>
> -smartmic
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory