Hi everyone,

we've come across an issue with the minidriver which assumes the card
serial number to be a hex string.

In our card the serial number is a string composed of ASCII characters.
This works well with pkcs15-tool and the PKCS#11 library, however it
fails with the current minidriver when it tries to convert the hex
string into binary data for the cardid file.

Neither in PKCS#11 spec nor in ISO 7816-15 I can find a definition for
encoding the serial number as hex string.

I therefore propose to change the code in minidriver.c to do the following:

1. try parsing tokeninfo->serial_number as hex string
2. if that fails copy serial_number as is with the length being the
length of the ASCII encoded string

This should not interfere with current card drivers which all use a hex
string as serial number.

Any objections ?

Andreas

--