Hello,
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Peter Åstrand <astr...@cendio.se> wrote:

> Hi! It would be nice if OpenSC could support cards from the Swedish bank
> "Handelsbanken" (SHB). This is a BankID type of cards. I've tried multiple
> versions of OpenSC and they all fail to communicate with the card, with one
> exception:
>
> We are using OpenSC 0.12.1 in our "ThinLinc Client", loading the
> opensc-pkcs15 module. If you start the client first, then inserts the cards,
> the certificates are listed! However, this does require that the proprietary
> "BankID" application is installed on the machine (install.bankid.com). If
> you insert the card first, then start the ThinLinc Client, no certs are
> found. It seems to me that the BankID application somehow "unlocks" the card
> when it reads it, and during this window of time, our client with OpenSC can
> read the card as well.
>
> I've done a few logs with OPENSC_DEBUG=9. In the case when the certs are
> found, we get:
>
> card.c:322:sc_unlock: called
> iso7816.c:103:iso7816_check_sw: File not found
> iso7816.c:471:iso7816_select_file: returning with: -1201 (File not found)
>
> When no certs are found, we get:
>
> card.c:322:sc_unlock: called
> iso7816.c:103:iso7816_check_sw: Instruction code not supported or invalid
> iso7816.c:471:iso7816_select_file: returning with: -1204 (Unsupported INS
> byte in APDU)
>
> Any chance of having proper support for this card in OpenSC in the future?

The error is not really useful by itself, please follow the
ReportingBugs [1] page from the wiki to send useful logs (which
driver, which card, which reader etc)

What I suspect is that the application is not the default one on the
card and the bankid software selects the right applet, after what
OpenSC gets further than without the bank application installed. This
is just a wild guess though...

Martin

[1] https://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/ReportingBugs