On 2012-09-22 08:58, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> Am 20.09.2012 21:06 schrieb "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundg...@telia.com
> <mailto:anders.rundg...@telia.com>>:
>>
>> http://nelenkov.blogspot.se/2012/08/accessing-embedded-secure-element-in.html
>>
>> Very interesting IMHO.
>
> Agree, thanks for sharing.
>>
>> According to the author SD-slots are becoming exceptions also for Android so
>> this is
>> probably what most people will be dealing with.
>
> I think he is also over optimistic with multi applications on a Java card SE,
> but we will see.
Indeed.  I even wonder if the SE needs to host "applications" at all.  IMO, it
would be enough
if the SE hosts keys and associated attributes while the applications either
rather run at OS-level
as trusted processes like PIN input etc. or as standard applications.  As far
as I understand
the Wallet is just an Android "App" that is trusted by the SE.

In my mind keys could optionally contain application-oriented ACL telling which
applications they trust so that even if you install a "bad" App, it would for
example not be able to use your bank or eID-key in the background.

Here is a write-up of a possible ACL-scheme that is intended for the Web and
"App":
http://webpki.org/papers/PKI/pki-webcrypto.pdf

Anders