On 9/25/2012 5:01 AM, Andreas Schwier (ML) wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we've come a across a strange issue in OpenSC. When we try to generate a
> key pair with parameters not supported by the card, then the framework
> code still tries to allocate private/public key objects rather than
> returning an error code.
>
> The questionable code is in line 2675 of framework-pkcs15.c /
> pkcs15_gen_keypair.
>
> Is that an intended behaviour or a plain bug ?

Same problem as before. No one has had a PKCS#15 card that supports ECC.

The original ECC code added to OpenSC was for client use only, and used
the PIV card. For testing the piv-tool could tell the card to generate
a key pair, but that was not via and PKCS standards.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory