First of all, the piv-tool was designed to be used for test cards only,
and only supports the commands from NIST 800-73-3, as each card vendor
may have additional commands and requirements, such as Global Platform
commands, or the need to finalize a card. NIST 800-73-3 does not provide
a way to write a private key to or from the card, thus there is no
standard way to escrow a key. That said, piv-tool does have a -s option
to allow other commands to be sent to the card, asnd can be used with the
vendor documentation.

You will need a lot more then piv-tool to do proper card management.
http://fips201ep.cio.gov/apl.php
has a list of approved products, including card management.

On 9/26/2012 7:07 PM, Ravneet Singh Khalsa wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> I am considering using PIV-tool for certificate enrollment for PIV cards for
> my company. I am following the instructions specified in the link
> http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/PivTool. I have
> downloaded the opensc-i686-w64-mingw32-011-base build on my windows 7 client
> machine. The instructions on the above link looks like UNIX instructions. Can
> I get equivalent windows instructions ? I was
> able to generate public key using piv-tool, but I could not generate
> certificate request using SSL. Is there equivalent command for Windows
> specific environment ?
>
> The command seems to be pointing to engine_pkcs11.so and opensc-pkcs11.so
> files. I couldn’t find these files anywhere.

As Peter saind look for the .dlls

I do have a set of scripts to manage test cards, but they are Unix.
I can send them, but they are not in top shape, and get changed as needed.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ravneet
>
> I am a programmer and I understand only programming languages.

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439