Hello opensc-devel. Sorry for the basic questions but I was hoping to find
someone with experience with MyEID.

My company wants to use a smart card to authenticate users of kiosk-mode
program, so we purchased a MyEID card to test it out. I have a few questions
about is usage:

Is a card initialized using Aventra’s ActiveSecurity MyClient fully compatible
with pkcs15-tool?

Is pkcs15-init supported for initialization of the blank card, or do I need to
run MyClient ActiveSecurity (www.aventra.fi/myclient) before using OpenSC?

Is it possible to erase the MyEID card without using a PIN?

When I run pkcs15-init --erase-card, it says:
Unspecified PIN [reference 2] required.
Please enter Unspecified PIN [reference 2]:
Is that the same as the SO PIN? If so, why is the reference number 2, whereas
the Management PIN reference number is 3 according to pkcs15-tool --dump? (see
below) Is this a difference of zero-indexing vs. 1-indexing?

Yonathan

$ pkcs15-tool --dump
PKCS#15 Card [mPollux DigiSign Client v1.0]:
        Version        : 2
        Serial number  : 169980000000000001
        Manufacturer ID: Fujitsu Services Oy
        Language       : en
        Flags          : Login required

PIN [Basic PIN]
        Com. Flags: 0x3
        ID        : 01
        Flags     : [0x30], initialized, needs-padding
        Length    : min_len:4, max_len:8, stored_len:8
        Pad char  : 0x00
        Reference : 1
        Type      : ascii-numeric
        Path      : 3f00

PIN [Signature PIN]
        Com. Flags: 0x3
        ID        : 02
        Flags     : [0x32], local, initialized, needs-padding
        Length    : min_len:4, max_len:8, stored_len:8
        Pad char  : 0x00
        Reference : 2
        Type      : ascii-numeric
        Path      : 3f005015

PIN [Management PIN]
        Com. Flags: 0x3
        ID        : 03
        Flags     : [0x32], local, initialized, needs-padding
        Length    : min_len:4, max_len:8, stored_len:8
        Pad char  : 0x00
        Reference : 3
        Type      : ascii-numeric
        Path      : 3f00