Hello,

I am new to OpenSC but I was looking for a 3rd party tool with which I
could test my self-developed pkcs11 library and I came across the OpenSC
pkcs11-tool.

I installed OpenSC under Ubuntu11.10, following
http://www.gooze.eu/howto/smartcard-quickstarter-guide/opensc-installation-under-gnu-linux
 everything went fine, but when I wanted to run the pkcs11-tool:

>  pkcs11-tool --module /home/anna/PKCS11_Project/libPkcs11.so -l -O

I got segmentation fault.

I was able to find the place where the code crashed. In pkcs11-tool.c the
line (558):

rv = p11->C_Initialize(NULL);

seem to crash. The message is just "Segmentation fault"

The module loads apparently fine.
module = C_LoadModule(opt_module, &p11);  //no error here

The problem is, that in my pkcs11 library I put an error message at the
very beginning of the C_Initialize function, but not even this is printed
out. So I don't think the crash comes from my library. I turned on the
creation of a log file in my pkcs11 library, but not even my pkcs11 library
log file is created.

I tried to google this problem and found this old thread:
http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2003-April/000831.html

But it didn't really help me (rebuilding openssl didn't solve the
problem..). Could anyone help?

Thanks for any help,
Anna