Just weighing in a little bit. I personally dont have any bias one way or the
other on colors.

Charles

________________________________
From: Ai Austin <ai.ai.aus...@googlemail.com>
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 1:35:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Console Log Colours for Messages

At 20:51 19/01/2009, Sean Dague wrote:
>The coloring of those fields is based on a hashing algorithm of the tag
>(it's done in the log4net module I wrote).  I can take Red out of that
>rotation, though that will definitely cause at least a few days of
>confusion as the colors people are used to for certain tags will go away.
>
>How big an issue do people see for using red for a tag coloring?  I'd
>like to hear some more voices before changing that.

Good to hear it a centralized thing Sean... My proposal is that one
colour (the "error red" is reserved for just that - real errors...
not warnings or status messages.  Good to hear from others if that
will be an issue for them.

I should check that errors indicated by module writers do actually
come out red though - whatever hash colour their module
is?  Otherwise the change is not of value Sean,