From: Sean Hennessee <s...@uci.edu>
To: opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 9:50:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] anon logins

Last name "anonymous"; first name would have to be unique. Then you
would have a unique first/last name to make the viewer happy. Perhaps a
web page could assign you a unique first name before you logged in.

Opensim would then need to treat this user special, (anyone with last
name anonymous). I would imagine the Opensim.ini file would specify
what capabilities an anonymous user had.

[anonymous]
move=true
fly=false
chat=true
shout=false
build=true
script=false
etc.

Peace,
Sean

Nebadon Izumi wrote:
Frank give this a try , try logging into osgrid or
secondlife 2 times with the same account and tell me what happens, and
how do you think the SL viewer would respond if 30 peopel logged into
Wright Plaza with the name "Anonymous User" think beyond just the
login, think about functionaly using Chat and access things in world
that require checking the user name and delivering information to
them..  Personally i dont see this happening with the Linden Viewer,
but lets keep the topic rolling here, im not trying to shut it down,
perhaps someone can prove me wrong.

Nebadon

Sean Hennessee
mailto:s...@uci.edu http://www.nacs.uci.edu/~sean