Hi everyone:

I'm developing (or trying to...) an UGAIM system over a LAMP (or WAMP)
system and I have some questions about the requests sent from region servers
to UGAIM (user and inventory servers). I'm using the "stable" 0.6 version of
opensim.

When crossing a region I have detected three requests:
* Get avatar appearance
* Get avatar inventory
* Update region into agent data

These three requests make the avatar to "shiver" when entering a new region
if the response is not fast enough (or even make the avatar move some meters
while waiting the response, and then return to the point it entered).

I'm able to understand the 1st and the 3rd, well, maybe I have some doubts
about the 1st... but the second (request FULL inventory) I think is what
"lags" the region entering.

Actually (version 0.6 remember) when requesting an inventory is the FULL
inventory. For testing, maybe no problem, but if I have 100 folders an 1000
items... the initial 6kbyte inventory grows to something like 100k, and the
lag make my avie to walk till the middle of the region and then return
back...

My question: is really necessary to get the full inventory when crossing
regions?

And the secondary question: Is there any implemented or at least a
semi-implemented method to deliver only parts of the inventory ("a la SL
style")?

Greetings

Impalah "Sea of doubts" Shenshou