Dear colleagues;

for some time now, we at Tribal Media have employed an entirely different way
of logging the viewer in, with tokens, that does not constitute changing the
viewer.

What we do, is that we install a 'launcher' app on the users computer. It
serves a number of purposes:

1) Installs rezzme, genesis and osurl url monikers, all of them taking tokens
as auxiliary data - these monikers let people log onto web sites, and launch a
viewer with a pre-authenticated token by a link. (see step 5)

2) Identifies installed viewers, and keep track of preferreed viewer.

3) Provides a pre-login login form to do non-web pre-launch authentication (in
this case, this would probably be where the _form_ obtains the token to pass to
step 5)

4) Launches pre-requisite software, as the TribalVoice.exe for when voice
should be enabled, or a Proxy to divert certain packets.

5) Launched preferred user, with seamless login (using the login option of the
ll viewer with dummy data to bypass the login screen) supplying the TOKEN in a
tweaked LOGINURI - an example of this loginuri would be -loginuri
http://{loginserver}/?token={token} - have a look at the login service, it has
been providing overloads and aux data for some time now, just to be able to do
this.

6) Provides for hypergrid cross-login by providing both loginuri and target
region as endpoint.

While we might not want to provide all these options in OpenSim, I think our
approach has worked well for us and our clients.

Most of the code for these options are actually already out there in various
scattered projects.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB