We have m_density defined in two different places with two different values.

One is in: ...\OpenSim\Region\Physics\OdePlugin\ODECharacter.cs - (72, 22) :

public float m_density = 60f;

Another is in:   ...\OpenSim\Region\Physics\OdePlugin\ODEPrim.cs(152):

 private float m_density = 10.000006836f; // Aluminum g/cm3;

And
in looking at the usage to calculate mass, it looks like the math is
right, but yet, the avatar seems to have a higher density then the
prim.

I know that these are empirically determined, but in
trying to look forward to a world where we actually might use the
density of metal, rubber, glass, rock, plywood to do some additional
physics *stuff*, it seems that we might want to see if we can harmonize
our notion of density a little bit.

Perhaps I am just missing the boat here. But, I would like to understand how we
might be able to move forward a little bit on density some time.

Charles