Greetings All :D
I have a need to do some processing of what I will call the 'client
signature', or that bit of data that the client sends to identify itself at
login (Version, Channel, and Platform).

Presently, the only thing done with this information is that it is logged on
the User Server log.

I am a beginning C# programmer as I am sure many of you know, though no
stranger to programming in general; I am also more than passingly familiar
with the OpenSim source code. That said however, I have to this point only
stretched my C# wings in region modules, and as this is a fairly central
piece of OpenSim, felt it incumbent upon me to broach this topic here before
starting to work on what might be a patch that many are interested in, thus
giving the community an opportunity to provide guidance and input to the
effort.

Basically, what I'd like to do is provide some functionality to support a
'black box' of client processing; facilitating optional and arbitrary login
processing in addition to authentication.This will provide opportunities for
grid operators to more proactively manage connections to their grids based
on the strings sent by the client, including such applications as
cryptographic client signing, filtering of undesirable clients, detailed
logging for business purposes, etc.

My first intuition is to produce a patch to the user server proper, but if
it would be more appropriate to do so, if a server plug-in or add-in is
possible, that is likely the way to go.

I eagerly look forward to your suggestions and criticisms.

Cheers!
James/Hiro/daTwitch