Hi,

I'm refactoring the inventory service, close to being able to switch to
the new model. In doing this, several issues emerged, which I'm not sure
if they are necessary or if they here for historical reasons.

The major issue is regions receiving the entire inventory of incoming
users. Is this really necessary? Where did this idea come from? Are
there any known problems with fetching inventory in a lazy manner, i.e.
as it is referenced? Note that the *client* gets the entire inventory
skeleton when the user logs in, and [most] inventory actions start at
the client.

Moreover with the new capability WebFetchInventoryDescendents the
regions can actually stay completely out of the loop for purposes of
inventory listing.

The regions could simply hold a flat cache of inventory items referenced
by clients (just like assets), and it's even unclear if those should be
cached at all, since the client caches most of it.

So what's behind the regions having the entirety of users' inventory
represented by a tree?

Diva / Crista