Hi Robert,

First, we are sorry if no one ever got to your patch in time and would
appreciate your understanding that there is no real applying patch
system or fixed core developers "patch applying" hours. We do it in
amidst of all other kinds of work, and sometimes it coincidentally
happens that all core developers are working on something else and are
thinking someone else is probably looking at the community patches.

Melanie suggested your presence on IRC to talk to us commiters directly
if you think we are taking too long to look at your code. We ask that
people do that only if they few they it's taking too long to get a
feedback, we don't want to be flooded in "hey, I've got a patch"
messages :)
Go ahead and ping us, the worst you might get is we can't attend to you
at the moment. But out of all the commiters, you should find someone in
a coffee break that will probably have the good will (and knowledge in
that area) to give you feedback and/or commit.

As Melanie mentioned, patches must be made against trunk. If trunk
doesn't compile, something is wrong in your machine, because we only
submit source code that compiles (it just might not work). So you should
be always updating a trunk copy and seeing if it's working. If not, ask
around and look in Mantis for the reason.