Beautiful work Ryan! Reading up on it now...

-----Original Message-----
From: opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of Ryan McDougall
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 3:01 PM
To: realxt...@googlegroups.com; realxtend-...@googlegroups.com;
opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de; kyory...@googlegroups.com;
opensim-us...@lists.berlios.de
Subject: [Opensim-dev] Developer Preview Release 0.0.2 Naali and Taiga

This time one year ago we began a long process of re-imagining
realXtend as a next-generation virtual world platform (Project Corus:
http://wiki.realxtend.org/index.php/Main_Page#Project_Corus). We have
set very high goals for ourselves, but a journey of 1000 miles begins
with single steps. We are today proud to announce the second milestone
in this effort, the developer preview releases of our innovative Naali
client viewer, and Taiga reference server.

Antti, our fearless figure-head and mascot, has put fingers to
keyboard to put up a blog post sharing his thoughts here:
http://realxtend.blogspot.com/2009/11/002-preview-release-of-next-generation
.html

Naali is a modern, BSD-license, cross-platform, component-oriented
client viewer; built from the ground up in C++ and Python; using Qt,
OGRE 3D, XMPP, GStreamer, and other established, flexible, open source
libraries.

http://wiki.realxtend.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_Naali

Taiga is our reference server for Naali, leveraging OpenSim and Cable
Beach, as well as our own custom extensions, including support for
log-in with OpenID, inventory access over WebDAV, server scripting
with Python, and mesh-based in-world object.

http://wiki.realxtend.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_Taiga

As a developer release, the code is still very much alpha-quality, and
only represents a small glimpse of what we intend for the future. It
lacks many important features for regular use, and is likely to
frustrate anyone not comfortable with debugging a work in progress.

We are however hoping that you'll take a look at what we have so far,
let us know if anything is not working for you, give us helpful
suggestions, or even give us a hand directly by submitting patches.

Thank you very much for your continued support and help!