From: Robert Martin <robertl...@gmail.com>
Date: Feb 11, 2010 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Opensim beginner
To: nilushi....@gmail.com

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Nilushi perera <nilushi....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to opensim. I could able to download and setup the opensim source
> project. I am really interesting with the things in opensim. I would like
> develop vertual world for lectures using opensim. But the problem is that
> am a new guy to opensim. Can anyone help me to start the development
stuff.
okay to get you started (this assumes you are using Windows)

1 grab these files
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/diva/diva-distribution/diva-r11766.zip
http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-1.7.3.zip

and unzip them to an empty folder

2 run the xampp setup and choose no drive letters then start the control
panel
3 start apache and mysql
4 hit admin and setup your database and user (both named opensim
REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD
5 go over to the diva/bin folder and run the configure.exe
use any name you want and the correct password
this is windows/dotnet
6 when everything is done in the same folder run opensim.exe

at this point a buncha stuff will scroll by when it stops you should
see a line stating that it is enabling logins for %region%

7 you want to login to http://127.0.0.1:9000 how depends on what viewer you
have
most will use the --loginuri http://127.0.0.1:9000 trick

reply back when you have this done