The new Naali UI really does look sweet!!

Could we have BOTH a new "icon" based UI, and also the option to turn on
"classic" mode (which would have the old legacy-type tool bar menu at the
top of the screen)  Also have a "disappear" option on the toolbar that you
can turn on and off.  That way if you move your mouse over the top of the
screen the menu will drop down, and if you move it away the menu will
disappear again.  Kinda like the "Start" menu in Windows XP or Windows
Vista.  You can click the "enable toolbar" option to enable the tool bar at
the top of the screen and you can also check the "hide toolbar" checkbox
under options, and the toolbar will be hidden and will re-appear if you
place your mouse over the top portion of the screen (the toolbar will drop
down).

This way there are 3 different modes of navigation, there is the cool new UI
navigation that is being developed, plus the old legacy "classic" view (of
using a tool bar for those people that really do like the old legacy-type
Windows tool bars that are "always on" and easy to see and easy to find and
easy to understand and always located at the top of the screen).  Plus the
third option of being able to turn the tool bar on (enabled) but have a
"hide toolbar" option where the toolbar is on (but hidden) and it drops down
when you scroll over the top portion of the screen.

This way users can have the best of both worlds.  They can have the cool new
UI interface (which is great for navigating with a remote, wireless
controller, or even a mouse), but for the older generation that really does
like toolbars (and for people that have a hard time finding icons, or trying
to figure out where to place the mouse to navigate or where to find the
toolbar options that they are used to) at least having a "classic" toolbar
that can be turned on or off, and also turned on (but "hidden"), so that way
users can use BOTH, or one or the other, or even have the menu toolbar at
the top enabled (but hidden) and that way users can use whichever they
choose.

                 Mark