AlexRa wrote:
It is compatible, and the idea is just the same. What's changed is the
format of the migration files:  instead of having all those
0nn_RegionStore.sql scattered around, you'd have all the same stuff in
a single file, separated by ":VERSION nnn" like this:

:VERSION 1

create table .... ()

:VERSION 2

alter table ... add ....

:VERSION 3

+1 on this!
It would be great if you could provide a patch against today's code. That way there won't be any misunderstandings.

I'm not volunteering to apply it, because the DB layer is not my favorite playground, but I would hope that Melanie or Justin would. The current migrations design is very confusing, and this is much better.

Crista