Folks, you may be missing the point... LL made the viewer source LGPL, changing the previous restrictive GPL. That means that previous legal advice and inputs are not relevant any longer. LGPL is a good thing for us. I tried to persuade the Project Wonderland folks they should go for LGPL for educators, but I don't think they really understood the deterrent of custom licences and the positive value of LGPL.

Note though that a lot of addons and modules needed to build the viewer still have their own licence term, and may not be as flexible as LGPL, some like Vivox are of course not redistributable at all.

http://hg.secondlife.com/viewer-development/src/00a831292231/doc/LICENSE-source.txt

I note Aurora already changed its name to Kokua...
http://imprudenceviewer.org/2010/11/01/announcing-the-kokua-project/