Yes this is very unfortunate - I think Crista knows more about the specific patches though I believe she will be very busy at least for the next few weeks.

As you saw, the API/code structure of upstream has changed so it can't simply be dropped in. But ideally, I think we would port any patches and update OpenSim to use the newer HttpServer. Or eventually use something that is better maintained but I'm not sure there is anything good out there in CLR land.