With the new opensim versions scripts get compiled first, until that is done region logins are disable for stability. Thats why you see the logins disabled message. And offcorse it can take longer before you can login if you have more scripts. In the past avatars that did a login while scripts where not done with compileing, some strange side effects happend then sometimes.

--------------------------

On 2012-03-21 05:12, Fleep Tuque wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed when I upgraded to 0.7.3 this evening that I couldn't log in for quite some time after a restart with a message I'd never seen before on the client, that logins were disabled.

After some googling, I see that the opensimdefaults.ini has a [RegionReady] section that I'd never messed with before (I don't think), and comparing the 0.7.2 version to the 0.7.3 version, it appears the default setting for login_disable was false in 0.7.2 but is set to true in 0.7.3.

I didn't see this documented in the 0.7.3 release notes, can anyone else verify? If this default has been changed, the 0.7.3 release notes should probably reflect that, and if the change wasn't intended, thought I should mention it in any case.

It's a minor thing, but it was momentarily confusing, I thought something was wrong with my upgrade..

Of course it's still possible that I changed something and don't remember it too, so if so, apologies in advance for my utter confusion. ;)

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive