Why not reuse the command line style for loading terrain? point to OAR, specify south-western corner ?

~ Marv.

On 20/07/2012 16:01, Adams, Robert wrote:

I'm not sure I see the advantage of multiple regions in one oar file. Say I have a 3x3 set of regions saved in a backup oar file. I might want to restore one. That necessitates new command line parameters for selection, etc.

To handle multiple regions, another approach is to push the grouping up a level and add commands for loading and creating multiple oar files with one command. That keeps the existing oar file format but solve the grouping feature. Or how about if the target of a 'load oar' is a directory, it loads all of the oar files therein?

-- ra

*From:*opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de [mailto:opensim-dev-boun...@lists.berlios.de] *On Behalf Of *Oren Hurvitz
*Sent:* Friday, July 20, 2012 6:39 AM
*To:* opensim-dev@lists.berlios.de
*Subject:* Re: [Opensim-dev] Multi-region OAR format

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Robert L martin [via opensim-dev] <[hidden email] </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7578166&i=0>> wrote:

okay so if i wanted to make an OAR for "Bad Wolf Island" with a total
of nine regions it would have
row 1 (south) Southwest, South center , South East
row 2 (center) West Center, Center, East Center
row 3 (north) NorthWest , North Center, North east

and if i wanted to have a 2X4 region then it would be
row 1 (south) South West , South Center West, South Center East , South East row 2 (north) North West, North Center West, North Center East, North East

and any region without data will create a hole in the sim

That's right.

    if the server can be made to handle it i would suggest that a "dummy"
    manifest be used to create "blank" regions (modes would be fixed
    height, Blend or random)

If I understand you correctly, you're asking for the load-oar command to create regions where none existed before. It doesn't do that currently, and I don't intend to make it start doing so. There are other ways to create regions (see Regions.ini), and I don't intend to add to them as that's a different feature.