Zadark, you make a good point! Users need the "My Suitcase" folder available
to them if they want to take anything when they travel to another grid. So
it's better to create it in advance rather than on-demand (as today).

Since this is obviously a Good Thing (tm), I'm going to implement it. I just
need to find where... (Do I hear any objections?)

This doesn't solve other cases where Robust might create inventory
folders/items on its own, but it solves the immediate use-case, and it's
much simpler as well. Zadark, for your service to OpenSim I award you the
Gordian Knot medal and a collection of slightly used Louis Vuitton
suitcases.