Sounds reasonable to me. In this case, I think the function would be an OSSL called osForceCreateLink() to be consistent with existing force functions and so it's possible to control whether and to whom it is available.

Wouldn't be hard to do - a small case of refactoring so that the OSSL function can call the parts of llCreateLink() that are after the perms checks in the same way that a function such as osForceAttachToAvatar() does this.

If there's no further discussion I can look to create it next week, though you may need to prod me. Or a patch to do this would be very welcome.