From: opensim-users-boun...@lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-users-boun...@lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of Justin
Clark-Casey
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:58 PM
To: opensim-users@lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Server causing viewers to crash

Hi Matthew.  I haven't seen this before.  However, a quick grep of the
Singularity source code reveals that "syssize"
and "whippang" are currently unused and probably dummy names used in the
unpacking of particle system data (llpartdata.cpp).

This suggests to me that the particle system data in one of your prims
has somehow become corrupt, in such a way that it triggers a crash in
the viewer.

If you are building OpenSimulator, an extremely quick and dirty test
would be to replace

update.PSBlock = data.ParticleSystem ?? Utils.EmptyBytes;

in LLClientView.CreatePrimUpdateBlock() with just

update.PSBlock = Utils.EmptyBytes;

and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, then it is a particle
system issue.  Unfortunately, then it's a case of elimination of
anything with a particle system (I think you could get a list of such
prims by looking for non-empty ParticleSystem fields in the prims db
table).

Or if we're unlucky, it could be some other bad data in building the
prim packet and this is only showing up when the viewer tries to unpack
the particle system section.

On 11/03/14 11:27, Drover, Matt wrote:
> Somehow, something has changed on my server and all viewers are
crashing when they connect to my grid.

> I'm running opensim v0.7.6 in grid mode. I have 15 regions spanned
> across 5 opensim instances. All on the same pc. The pc is windows
server 2008 r2 and is a vm.

> I tested many viewers, all with the same results. Here are the errors
from the singulatiry viewer log.

> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Buffer overflow in BinaryBuffer length verify, field name crc!
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Current pos: 0 Buffer size: 1 Data size: 4
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Buffer overflow in BinaryBuffer length verify, field name syssize!
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Current pos: 0 Buffer size: 1 Data size: 4
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Buffer overflow in BinaryBuffer length verify, field name whippang!
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Current pos: 4 Buffer size: 1 Data size: 1
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Buffer overflow in BinaryBuffer length verify, field name whippang!
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Current pos: 5 Buffer size: 1 Data size: 1
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Buffer overflow in BinaryBuffer length verify, field name whippang!
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Current pos: 6 Buffer size: 1 Data size: 1
>
> 2014-03-10T14:20:23Z WARNING: LLDataPackerBinaryBuffer::verifyLength:
> Buffer overflow in BinaryBuffer length verify, field name whippang!
>
> The last 2 lines repeat about 1000 more times then the viewer crashes.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> *Matthew Drover
> *Programmer Consultant
>
> Immersive Technology
> Distance Education, Learning and Teaching Support

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc