At 12:59 PM -0400 21/8/14, David Saunders wrote:

A solution that helped for me, Make sure your public IPs have names( ie. > >http://example.com>example.com) Its is important that they do for the next steps. What I have done in the past since most of my routers I have used do note provide a local loopback to local next work. You can use some of the dynamic name sites for
this if you cat add a machine name to a domain.

Hi David.

I have never used a domain name for opensimulator. Just because I did not bother to find a name. I manage my name server, so it would be easy to add any number of subdomains. I'm just lazy.

There are 2 standalones and a grid running on 88.161.20.136 (don't try 9000, it's firewalled ; a public test standalone sits at 9100 and the pubic grid at 8002).

Fortunately, my router does loopback, so internal and external logins are unified.

I have used this on a DSL modem with an dynamic IP dose not support loopback :|, 1 linux robust/sim host, 1 win7 machine with simulator and multiple virtual linux on
the win7 machine. I use dyndns to update the host names.

Interesting. May I ask why you virtualize Linux on Win instead of running .NET?

-- Jeff