Looking at the code (Regions.ini is parsed in the source file
RegionInfo.cs), 'InternalAddress' is parsed with "address =
IPAddress.Parse(config.GetString("InternalAddress", String.Empty));" which
means it expects a ipv4, three dot address for that parameter.

'ExternalHostname', though, is kept as a string. When some module accesses
'RegionInfo.ExternalEndpoint', the code checks to see of the name is an
ipv4 address and, if not, it calls 'Dns.GetHostAddresses()' which should
look up the external hostname with DNS. The code throws an exception if it
cannot resolve the DNS name.

Not sure how well the .NET Dns class works. Is it possible your hostname
does not lookup on the system?

== mb